How to Improve the Mobile Speed of your Website

mobile speed paprikaads cyprus

How to Improve the Mobile Speed of your Website?

Nowadays, accessing information and communication from mobile, plays a major role. Users that are accessing information through their mobiles exceeded desktop with 51.3%, whereas, the rest of the 48.7% users are accessing through their desktop. This may exceed in coming months of 2017 and 2018.

In order to give better User Experience and fast accessing to your users, your webpage needs to have a better mobile speed and load fast on mobiles taking into consideration the Google Webmaster Guidelines.

How to improve the mobile speed of your web pages?

  1. Size of Files

    The size of any file in your website plays an impact on the load speed. So, you should alter the files and optimise the content of your website to load quickly

  2. Size of Images

    This is another factor that one should care as it matters more than anything else. Try to compress the image without losing the pixels of the image.

  3. Server Request

    If you are using pop-ups calls during the website load this may impact your website loading time.

  4. Elements Ordering

    Check the order of website elements loading. Make sure that the most important elements of web page should load first. Like the content of web pages, the inline CSS, image, form etc.

  5. Remove unnecessary META tags and META content

    The most important tags for search engine optimisation are the keywords and description tags. When using these META tags try to keep the content for each under 200 characters – anything more increases the size of your pages. Lengthy META tags are not good for search engines anyway because they reduce the value of your keywords.

How Fast Should Your Website Load in 2017?

Most of us have focused on making our desktop versions load as fast as possible. However, with Google switching to the mobile index first, we must now focus on mobile speed.

Research from Doubleclick (owned by Google) published in September 2016 suggests:

‘The average load time for mobile sites is 19 seconds over 3G connections.’

and

‘Slow loading sites frustrate users and negatively impact publishers. In our new study, “The Need for Mobile Speed”, we found that 53% of mobile site visits are abandoned if pages take longer than 3 seconds to load.’

and

‘Sites that load in 5 seconds vs 19 seconds observed: 25% higher ad viewability (and) 70% longer average sessions (and) 35% lower bounce rates’

The report concludes:

‘While there are several factors that impact revenue, our model projects that publishers whose mobile sites load in 5 seconds earn up to 2x more mobile ad revenue than those whose sites load in 19 seconds.’